Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What a way to start the day!

Good Morning!!! On my way to work this morning I was running unusually early, and thought man I wish the gym was open at 4am, well since it isnt, I decided I will do my own mini workout!  So I ran into the building, dropped my stuff off, logged onto my computer, and ran up the 5 flights of stairs we have here!  When I say ran, I mean it.. I got to floor 4 and then it was a slow walk! lol.. REGARDLESS.. I got my metabolism goin 1st thing! And I feel AWESOME!!!!   Experts say that if you do at least 11 minutes of excercise 1st thing in the morning, you set your metabolism for the entire day!  Well I think I did it.. I feel so good, 5 minutes of stairs, and here it is 30 minutes later and I still feel my heart pumping.. Its gonna be a good day!  Wanna know how I knew that?  Well I came back to my desk panting away, and looked over to my left, and my breakfast was smiling at me <=========  CRAZY HUH!!! Even my food was proud of me! :)  Anywhooo  we are in week twoooo!  (look at me I am a poet and didnt know it)  lol I am crackin myself up today!  Week two people, only 8 short weeks to go, and over all for the 13 of us that have decided to continue with this little journey, as a combined group we have lost 59lbs total in the 2 wks! Thats 4.5lbs per person, or 2.25 lbs per person per week.. Thats amazing!!! If we keep it up,at this rate,  we can reach almost 250 total pounds lost, totaling a loss of about 18lbs a person. OMG!!!  Bathing suit weather here we come! Shoot once we get to that point, I can honestly see a round 2 coming along!!! Just think, the middle of March is our ending date, if we start up again for another 10 wks,we will be done before Memorial day ( the official start to the summer season) ! We can be down close to 40lbs each!   Thats unbelievable, yet ACHIEVABLE!  For myself, 40 lbs down, that means less insullin, which in turn means Great Hemaglobin A1c ( or overall blood sugar levels) This alone, is way more important to me than the 40lbs.. But then again, being able to wear a cute swimsuit and not feeling like I need to wear a t-shirt over it, thats also a good thing!   I guess in all this rambling today I just want to say GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! Keep it up! If you are having a bad day, well tommorrow is a new day, start over again.  If you usually ride the elevator in your office, take the stairs.  If you have a long hallway at work ( like I do) try doin some squats!  Lol you make think I am joking, but I do this, and people look at me like I am a freak cause I am bouncing up and down over our walls. Then they go "Oh its just Amy doin her squats again!"  Well at least Im doing something!  Go for a walk around your office, if you work out of your home, stand instead of sit, do a few jumping jacks, anything to get your heart pumping and your blood flowing!
Make it a good day! Dont let anyone ruin your day, if they want to have a crappy day, so be it, but take my advice today (ok ok, and Bon Jovi's) "when the world looks in my face, I say HAVE A NICE DAY!"
Kisses,Amy



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your back! No smiling breakfast for me...but my trainer was smilin when I walked into the gym at 515 this morning! :) She worked my butt off...and I did 10 minutes on the ellip and ran up only 2 flights of stairs. But hey whatever works! She even wants me to use a jumprope...and for those that have seen me...know I can't without black eyes! ha ha
    Have a great day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Mandi!!! You are motivating me, making me feel the heat.. I cant lose! I wanna win!! lol :)

      Delete
  2. Me too! I need new panties! LOL Vicky S here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete