Thursday, February 2, 2012

1...2...3...4

Morning Ya'll! lol.. Happy Thursday to ya! So I was sitting here counting out my goldfish for my morning snack and wondered is anyone else doing this?  My coworkers probably think I am crazy?  I really wonder how many people actually pay attention to the serving size amounts. I know at times I dont. For instance,  I love trail mix I have no problem grabbing a bag thinking yay, this is good, there are raisins and nuts, and a hint of chocolate, then I sit and eat the whole bag .( small bag, or individual sized bag)  Well I decided one day to look at the calories, did you guys know that the calorie info is on the package! lmao..To my surprise this entire bag, a 4oz bag has 520 calories in it! OMG!!! AND worst of all its 2 servings! Unbelievable I could have actually eaten a Kit Kat bar, all 4 sticks and it only have been 220 calories.. and oh so much tastier!
Basically I guess what I am getting at... looks are deceiving.. just because it looks better for you doesnt mean it is!  A grilled chicken Caesar salad, is actually worse than a Hamburger and fries? Silly huh! Definitely pay attention to your labels, or before you decide to go out to eat, check the nutritional info online, you will find that you may be better off to stay home or you may think twice about where you go to eat.  Same thing goes for the grocery store, definitely read the labels! Yah there may be only 100 calories, but how many servings? One or two?  Think before you eat!  Im kind of rambling today had alot of different thoughts go through my mind, and since my breakfast didnt smile at me today, I just couldnt get it all together! wink wink :)  Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!! kisses Amy

1 comment:

  1. As always Amy, great info. Below are some links to sites I use. The first one helps you convert nutritional info into Weight Watchers Points.

    http://onemorepound.com/

    http://www.foodfacts.com/index.cfm

    http://caloriecount.about.com/

    ReplyDelete