Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BIOS

Amanda had a great idea, lets post bios about ourselves, so I am attaching them all here, so we can all get to know each other a little better :)

I thought it might be good to get to know each other a bit.  So, my name is Amanda, many people know me by Mandi, but since there is another Mandi here I’ve decided to go by Amanda not to confuse anyone.  
I’m 34, will be 35 in April, and have been struggling with my weight for at least 10 + years.  I work in an office…sitting on my but 8+ hours a day!  So like most people, I struggle to exercise.   I started trying to lose weight in February 2010, and have since lost 41 pounds, and have gone from an 18 pant to a 14.  So I know loss is possible.  I moved to Florida in June of 2010 and have been on again off again losing weight since then. 
My goal weight is 140, so only 54 more pounds to go…but my first BIG goal is to lose the full 50 pounds, only 9 more pounds.  But those 9 pounds have been the toughest.  I’ve been at this weight for about 3 months and I’m ready for it to be gone. 
I’m so glad to see everyone here!  The money is a great incentive, but honestly, we know it’s for our health, family and friends.  So we can be around for everyone. 
Best wishes.
Amanda

Well, here it goes. Hello everyone I am Peggy and I live in Brookings, Oregon. I have been married to my husband Randy for 24 years and have two beautiful daughters. I love to cook, bake and eat so this is going to be a challenge.
This Saturday I will celebrate my 50th birthdayL. As a birthday present to myself I have decided to try and see if I couldn’t lose that terrible weight I have been carrying around for the last oh, 20 years. I have also had encouragement from my sister Amy (thank you Amy) to get the weight loss in gear. I have to say I am very motivated and want to see much less of me this time next year. It’s not going to be easy and I know that but we have to start somewhere.
Peggy

Well you have already started to get to know me, I am Amy, Im 32 years old, been married for 12 years this March. I have two kids, a 9yr old son, and a 7 year old daughter. They are my world!  I am also a type 1 diabetic, been on insullin since I was 8 years old.  Got on an insullin pump in 2002 and was told I added 20 years to my life! Woo hoo!  I have always struggled with my weight loss, and being diabetic doesnt help.  Everytime I excercise, I always end up with a low blood sugar so its a roller coaster!  I am totally motivated, and want to get healthy. My goal is to get to MILF status! Lol. 
Amy

I’m Kim aged 29

Mother of 3 girls, done with having children. October I had my first physical and decided to lose weight. Its not an option at this point. I tipped the scales at 300lbs but down about 22.5 lbs now. Its difficult most days but I usually get back on track. I’m here to steal all your money from you. Hehehe. Happy Weight Loss.
Im 32 years old going on 33. My name is Mindy. And I have been a fluffy girl since i hit puberty. I managed to lose a good amount of weight back in 2001 and then I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 10. I have struggled alot since then to lose the extra weight of the pregnancy and also the stress eating I did when I was with my daughters dad.  I gave up soda about 4 years ago after becoming sick and no longer enjoying the taste of it. That still didn't help out any with my weight lose. I finally decided to do something about it back in 2010. After working out 6 days a week straight and now getting anywhere I decided to go get Lapband surgery done in Feb. 2010. I lost 40 pounds in 2 months but I have been struggling since then. I manage to lose alittle bit at a time but then I get depressed and put it back one. Granted I can't eat as much as I once could I can still eat cookies, ice cream and chocolate in small amounts through out the day. I also don't find the energy or motivation to workout like I should. I'm glad Amy has come up with this challage. I need this push to get me going again. My goal is to be in a size 10 (I'm in an 18) or at 160lbs. I started out before surgery at 268. I am now 233. I would like to be below 200 by my birthday in June. or at least by the end of this challange.

Thank you Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment